Tournaments and events are periodically held to encourage a sense of competitiveness between players. A good player is someone who upholds the virtue of respect and humility towards his/her competitor.
These rules are imposed to maintain harmony and to encourage more players to participate and enjoy the tournaments and events.
- Respect GMs and other organizing bodies facilitating the events and tournaments.
- Criticisms should be done privately. Never call out a player or a guild in any of the public channels. Be courteous enough to commend opponents for participating the tournament regardless of the outcome.
- Trash-talking before or after any tournament or event is prohibited. Do not initiate commotions in any Ethereal Ragnarok platforms.
- Do not accuse anyone or any guild of any crime without factual evidence.
Punishment for violators:
- First Offense: 1-day mute
- Second Offense: 3-day mute
- Third Offense: 7-day mute
- Succeeding Offenses: 7-day jail time
Ethereal Ragnarok strives to make every player’s experience enjoyable, safe and comfortable. Any form of harassment done by a player towards another is not tolerated. Harassment includes but is not limited to, chatting, voice-chat in discord, use of in-game megaphones and public channels, social media and others. Any player found guilty of harassing others will be punished appropriately.
Types of Harassment (including but not limited to):
- Griefing is the act of intentionally disrupting the immersion of another player in their gameplay using aspects of the game in unintended ways, such as killing monsters in a specific map to prevent someone from completing a quest, stacking on the same cell to cover someone else’s vend, using warp portal to send players to undesirable locations, using ice wall to prevent players from entering portals, and others. Griefers are always punished with jail time.
- Criticisms should be done privately. Never call out a player or a guild in any of the public channels. Be courteous enough to commend opponents for participating the tournament regardless of the outcome.Spamming via in-game chats, whispers, public channels, trade requests, add friend during WoE, forum chatbox, discord, and social media platforms, is prohibited. We encourage players to observe online chat etiquette and refrain from causing instability in any of our services and platforms.
- Threatening anyone in the community is strictly prohibited. Threats can be in the form of insults, profanities, defamation and/or slander. We strongly renounce the act of stalking other players outside of the game (for example in Facebook, or other social media platforms).
- Adult Content is not only limited to sex and nudity, gore and violence, illegal drugs, racial slurs, other people’s issues, or any content that may be prejudicial against certain players. Ethereal Ragnarok’s community is diverse and open for anyone with internet access. Always be mindful about what you discuss publicly. Players found mentioning unlawful remarks shall be muted immediately if a moderator finds it too sensitive to some players.
Punishment for violators:
- First Offense: 1-hour mute, 1-hour jail time (for griefers)
- Second Offense: 3-hour mute, 3-hour jail time (for griefers)
- Third Offense: 7-hour mute, 7-hour jail time (for griefers)
- Succeeding Offenses: 1-day jail time
Cheating involves various methods to create an advantage beyond normal gameplay, in order to make the game easier.
Cheating includes but is not limited to:
- Exploitation is the use of bugs, glitches or game system loopholes by a player to their advantage in a manner not intended by the game's designers. Players are expected to report any incidents that involve obtaining unusual amounts of zeny, items and/or experience. It is our prerogative to impose temporary or permanent suspension to affected accounts if deemed necessary in order to protect the integrity of the server.
- Botting is the use of third-party programs or packet editors in conjunction with the use of macro-script creation programs to make a character actively play in-game even when the player is not controlling or is away from keyboard. Suspected characters are required to respond when asked by a staff, failure to do so will result in jail time.
- Hacking is the act of bypassing and breaking into the server’s security to perform unauthorized actions with malicious intent. We do not disregard any form of hacking activity; players should not perform or even attempt this. Hackers shall be permanently banned and will be denied from accessing the server.
- Donation Fraud happens when a player sends donation through any of the listed payment methods, receives donation rewards, and then issues a refund to get their money back even though they have already claimed their donation rewards. Fraudsters shall be permanently banned and will be denied from accessing the server.
Social engineering is the term used for a broad range of malicious activities accomplished through human interactions. It uses psychological manipulation to trick users into making security mistakes or giving away sensitive information.
- Scamming happens when players make use of deceptive schemes or tricks to cheat someone out of something. Players should never lend or share their account, items, zeny and any other valuables to anyone. Players shall be solely responsible for the security of their own account and its valuables.
- Impersonation is the act of assuming or pretending as staff member; or as someone a player might know personally. Never give your personal and log-in details to anyone. Players caught impersonating a staff member or any known player in Ethereal Ragnarok or other servers shall be renamed and temporarily or permanently banned from the game.
- Real Money Trading (RMT) is the act of exchanging in-game zeny, items, accounts and services for real-world money or goods. Players caught engaging in any RMT (buyers, sellers and middlemen) shall have their accounts permanently banned and will be denied from accessing the server.
Accidents happen and it is mostly due to our own negligence and carelessness. It is the players’ responsibility to be prudent and mindful of their accounts, zeny, items and other valuables. Ethereal Ragnarok will not refund, reverse, reimburse, credit, or replace these items.
- Vending is a great and easy way to sell or buy items at excellent prices, but it is also easy to make a mistake such as missing a digit when inputting the prices, or selling the wrong item at the wrong price range. We strongly advice that players check everything in their vend interface before executing the shop. Ethereal Ragnarok staff members will disconnect a vending character if we spot an obvious mistake in its shop.
- Items sold via NPC collecting loots and selling them via NPC is one of the best ways to start earning zeny in Ragnarok. It is also one of the reasons why players lose their valuables. Always be extra mindful when selling off loots to any NPC, make sure none of your valuables are included in the items you’re about to sell. Ethereal Ragnarok will not spawn back valuables accidentally sold via NPCs.
- Item Dropping in Ragnarok has always been one of the modes of showing off expensive gears throughout the ages. It is also a method used by some to transfer items from one account to another. Ethereal Ragnarok allows players to open two clients, please make use of this feature to move items in between accounts. If an item got lost or is picked up by other players, Ethereal Ragnarok will not be responsible for the loss.